In Barking Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge we run DESMOND for people who have been recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
It is run over one day: 0930 – 1630. It is important that you are able to attend all day. We have groups of up to 10 people with Type 2 diabetes per course.
DESMOND is run at various venues across Barking Dagenham Havering and Redbridge at the following venues:
- Harold Hill Health Centre
- Redbridge Diabetes Centre, Newbury Park,IG2 7LR.
- Porters Ave health Centre, Dagenham, RM8 2EQ
So if you:
- Have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes within the past 12 months
- Are keen to learn more about Type 2 diabetes and how to manage it
speak to your GP Practice and ask to be referred.
For further information about DESMOND: www.desmond-project.org.uk